We Care For
and their Families
Wounded Airmen Program
In 2011 the Wounded Airmen program was formed, this program was founded with the focus of truly caring and supporting our airmen. Here at the Alamo Chapter, we put our airmen first and we will always take care of our own.
Our program provides life-changing assistance to seriously wounded, ill, and injured Airmen and their families. We step up to help in the times they need it most. The Wounded Airman Program supports the Air Force Wounded Warrior (AFW2) program on its mission to provide personalized support and advocacy to wounded Airmen and their families. Through the support of our local communities and national sponsors, we have provided more than $625,000 to wounded Airmen and their families.
How We Help
Our Airmen have sacrificed so much and we are always looking for ways to expand our support. The Wounded Airman Program is a community of empowerment, support, and strength that not only works to change their lives but saves them as well.
- Providing adaptive sports equipment to Airmen in rehabilitation
- Partner with local hospitals and rehabilitation centers to give you the best care
- Hosting activities to celebrate the hard work of caregivers
- Supporting 1,200 wounded warriors and family members at the Department of Defense Warrior Games
- Sponsoring unfunded veteran wounded Airmen and caregivers to attend Air Force Wounded Warrior CARE events
- Supporting the work of the Air Force at six Wounded Warrior CARE events throughout the year, each of which gathers 125-200 wounded warriors and caregivers for a week of caregiver support, adaptive sports and resiliency training, mentorship, and employment readiness
How You Can Help
The Wounded Airmen Program (WAP) is operated and administered by AFA with staff time and overhead fees covered by AFA’s general fund. In other words, if you give $100 to the WAP, that $100 will go toward the support we give our wounded Airmen. Thanks to donors like you, we have provided more than $625,000 in support of Air Force Wounded Warriors, and we’re just getting started! As the needs of our wounded Airmen continue to grow, so does the need for Wounded Airman Program donations. Please consider donating to the Wounded Airman Program to help us ensure that we can continue to meet the growing needs of our heroes.
Other ways you can Help
The strength of AFA’s Wounded Airman Program rests with the thousands of supporters, donors, sponsors, and strategic partners who take time out of their day to help us support our Air Force Wounded Warrior family. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Purchase a Wounded Airman Program t-shirt in support of our wounded heroes
- Donate to AFA’s Wounded Airman Program
- Provide an in-kind donation – we accept everything from donated hotel rooms to high altitude training masks
- Have your kids make encouragement cards that we can hand out to wounded Airmen
- Hosting or donating an event for caregivers
- Volunteer at a Warrior CARE Event
- Designate a portion of your company’s sales to the Wounded Airman Program
- Sponsor an unfunded warrior to attend Warrior CARE Events or the Warrior Games
- Name the Wounded Airman Program as a beneficiary at fundraisers
- Encourage your company to be a Wounded Airman Program sponsor
Thank you for all your support of our Wounded Airman Program! We are always looking for new ways to serve our Airmen and we rely on so many great Americans to make sure we do everything we can for our Air Force heroes. Any questions or ideas can be sent to: